Thursday, September 16, 2010

Kashmir is a tough place and Omar is a youngster, give him time and support: Rahul

"The government has supported Omar Abdullah. National Conference is the party in power. He is a youngster. Kashmir is a difficult place. Omar is doing a tough job and he should be given time and support," Gandhi told a press conference when asked whether Omar had failed. 


To a question on AFSPA, Gandhi said he would "defer to the Prime Minister on the subject. I would say the Prime Minister has knowledge on the subject. I would lower my head. The Prime Minister has more knowledge on the subject".

He said, "It is a complex issue and he would not like to say whether he wanted it or did not want. It would be unfair on my part to do so irresponsible". 


"It is for senior people like the Prime Minister to comment on that. For me to say I am for or against would be unfair or irresponsible," Gandhi told a questioner. 

No comments:

Post a Comment